Sunday 18 September 2016

Introduction to Media Studies!

Why did you choose AS Media Studies?

Ever since I could remember, media has always been fascinating because it manged to entertain, educate and excite me but also made me question many things. I saw picking AS Media Studies as an opportunity for my questions to be answered and maybe also discover a new world I do not know about? 

Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or a different school)?

I did not take Media Studies as a GCSE course.

If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? What coursework tasks did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?


What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?

I hope to get an A/A* in A Level Media.

What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

I have my heart set on university after A levels to pursue a psychological path that will lead me on to become a bio-psychologist. 

What do you think the biggest media story of 2016 has been and why?


Most definitely the United States election. The massive political rivalry between the two politicians Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump fighting for a place as the next president of USA has taken over majority of the media. 

What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?

Majority of the time I use the internet to access the daily news, whether it be an online newspaper or online article on a social media account. 

What was the last film you watched?


Don't Breathe (2016) - Directed by Fede Alvarez


What is your favourite ever TV series?


That is quite difficult to answer, seeing as I've enjoyed most of the TV series I've ever watched. However if i were to pick one it would be 'The Five'. 


How many hours do you spend online in an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why?


The amount of time I spend online an average day varies. One day I will spend the entire day online (concerning) and another day I'll just spend approx 5 minutes online. The amount of time I spend online is about right the way I see it, because the days which I'm online for the whole day are ''lazy days'' and when spent little time online, I'm probably revising etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment